Q. What is The Barrens?
- The Barrens is a Burning Crusade World of Warcraft server based in Sydney, Australia.
Q. What client version is required to connect to The Barrens?
Q. Where can I download the game client?
- Once you create your account and sign in, click on the ‘Profile’ button. You can download our 2.4.3 client from there. Other clients are known to work, but we recommend using ours just in case.
Q. What is the realm type?
Q. What is the population like here?
- The Barrens is continually growing, currently we are seeing in excess of 200 players online during peak hours. Tell your friends!
Q. What is faction balance like?
- So far, pretty balanced. Roughly 50:50 Alliance:Horde
Q. What will you do about faction balance?
- Faction balance will be closely monitored and changes or issues will be communicated to the community to determine possible solutions.
Q. What will the XP rates be like?
- Vanilla Zones - The XP rate is set to 4x by default. This will be toggleable in the near future.
Outland - This is currently set to 1.5x as a temporary measure to offset the various quest bugs. Our team is working on resolving these as a priority and then it will be restored to 1x.
Q. How can I set my XP rate?
- Commands will be available in game to adjust your XP Rate.
Q. When is the XP rate going to be selectable?
Q. What is the progression state of the content, spells, talents and itemisation?
- Content patches will be released in a Blizzlike fashion, starting from 2.0 going through to 2.4
Spells and Talents are 2.4.3 Based
NPC's / Dungeons / Raids / Quests / Items are progression based, however items will retain their 2.4.3 stats.
Q. What endgame content is currently available?
- Karazhan, Gruul's Lair, Magtheridon's Lair, Serpentshrine Cavern and Tempest Keep. Content will be gated by patch appropriate attunements.
Q. Will raid bosses be tuned to their nerfed status? or be untouched in their pre-nerfed state?
- No, they will be tuned to an appropriate version that was considered killable.
Q. Will many Outlands consumables stack with another as it did in 2.0.4?
- No, Guardian elixirs, Battle Elixirs, Flasks and other consumable items will overwrite each other as per the behaviour in patch 2.4.3 of original TBC.
Q. How do I submit a bug report?
- First, please check if the bug has already been submitted - it is highly likely that it has. Go here: https://github.com/thebarrensissues/Issues/issues, type a keyword relating to the issue you are having in the search box next to ‘Filters’ and hit enter. If the search brings up nothing, then please submit a new issue by clicking the green ‘New Issue’ button.
Q. Is <insert quest name here> fixed yet?
Q. How do I make a suggestion?
- Head on over to the #suggestions channel in Discord and post there - we keep an eye on this and are happy to engage in conversations around suggestions that will make the player experience better. That said, please be aware we are aiming for a pretty consistent blizzlike experience on The Barrens. Don’t be upset if the suggestion is denied.
Q. I can’t login, is the server down?
- If it is your first time logging in, ensure you have set your realmlist.wtf (found in the root of your game directory) to `set realmlist logon.the-barrens.org`, also please ensure you are using our recommended game client, which you can download from your profile on the website.
If the server is down, please be patient, and check #general, it’s likely others are posting about it too.